There can a few different causes as to why your light has stopped working properly. At no stage in troubleshooting your light do we recommend or encourage disassembling your light as this will void any warranty on the item/items.
If the light has stopped working all together
- Establish that the light is not defective by connecting it directly to a 12VDC power source. Unplug the light from the harness and connect to the vehicles battery or power supply with similar voltage. If the light has fired up as it should the problem will be in the wiring, proceed to the next step;
- Make sure that the switch is still receiving power (will illuminate once switched to the on position).
- Check for any loose connections through the harness making sure nothing has loosened over time.
- Check the earth/ground is still secure and properly mounted
If the light has not fired up through a direct power source the problem is with your light. Contact the team at STEDI via email to run through the warranty process.
If the light is partially working
- Check the voltage of your vehicles battery
Generally this can occur due to low voltage. Going below what the light requires will either dim the brightness of the light or you will see an alternating pattern with the LEDs. This can sometimes be solved by charging or replacing the battery. Double check all wiring has been connected properly to ensure there are no weak points along the line.