The maximum spend limit per transaction $1,000AUD
UPDATE: Commencing 23rd April 2020 the maximum order spend limit will be raised to $2,000AUD
Note that Afterpay does not approve 100% of orders.
When determining which orders/values are approved, Afterpay's automated system considers a number of different factors. As an example, the longer you have been a customer with Afterpay and the more orders you have successfully repaid, the more likely you will be able to spend more.
Things to consider:
- are there sufficient funds on your card (generally AfterPay look to see 25% of the order value available to spend)
- length of time you have been using Afterpay (tighter in the first 6 weeks)
- the amount you have to repay, it may help to pay some off (not a guarantee)
- the value of the order you are trying to place, may help to reduce the value of your shopping cart (not a guarantee)
- adding a credit card may increase your spending power (not a guarantee)
- the number of orders you currently have 'open' with us (not a guarantee)
Whilst we know it can be frustrating to not know exactly how much you can spend each time or how many active orders you can have, rules and approval process help Afterpay responsibly offer a completely free service to our customers.