For the Inner Grille Bracket to suit Ford's next-gen Ranger & Everest the installation process is quite simple. Most of the installation time will be surrounding the engine covers removal and reinstallation.
Note: This installation requires no modifications.
1. Starting off you will need to remove the grille to allow access to the supports where the brackets will secure. To do this, pop the bonnet and start by removing the radiator shroud (cover). This is the black plastic covering the front of your engine bay. Be sure to only apply light pressure when undoing these clips (#2 Phillips head) as it will make it easier to remove the screw.
Note - you do not need to remove the plastic screws holding the side shroud tabs (small bits on each end) to the main shroud, these can stay attached and will come off attached to the main shroud.
Once all plastic screws are removed lift off the shroud and place it in a safe space out of the way.
2. This next step will require some patience and care as releasing the grille from the bumper, if done wrong, can damage the clips that hold the two together.
First, remove the number plate to allow the grill to be removed next. Remove the plate using a Phillips head and then the bolts attaching the number plate backing with an 8mm socket.
Next, locate the two black bolts holding the front grill to the top of the grill assembly. These are also 8mm bolts. The grill is now only attached by the molded clips and is ready to be pulled off.
Place both hands in between the slot on either side of the Ford logo on the front grill and apply soft pressure up and slightly out to pop the top part of the grill. Next, apply gentle pressure to the lower part of the grill to pop the clips out of the bumper mounts. This should be done very carefully however some pressure will be required.
With the grille now removed you can start mounting the STEDI Next Gen Ranger/Everest Inner Grill Kit.
3. Referring to the below graphics, start by fitting the outer brackets to the positions highlighted around the radiator support mirrored on both sides. These will only need to be finger-tight for the moment.
There will be factory screws in both locations of the inner grill. Simply remove these screws in the locations shown and replace them with the supplied bolts that correspond to the nuts with welded tabs. The welded tabs allow you to hold the nut in place while you tighten it from the front. Make sure the washer is installed on the rear of this bolt before placing the nut on.
Note: For those with oversized hands this process may require a bit of patience as locating the first nut onto the bolt can be tedious.
4. The centre bracket is fitted via a single bolt that drops straight into the middle where the upright of the radiator support is. Again finger-tight for now. If you enter the bolt from underneath while attached to the allen key provided it will make tightening the bolt easier as you will not be required to try and get a socket underneath.
5. Offer the light bar to the brackets using the side bracket hardware (supplied with the light bar itself) including the washers and spring washers. Repeat for the other side. The allen key is also provided in the kit.
Note: If you have the factory Matrix headlights the STEDI piggy back adaptor will be required for Plug & Play installation (arriving soon).
6. Roughly position the lights as best you can to a level, forward-facing projection and tighten. Once both lights are positioned, proceed to tighten all of the bolts securing the brackets firmly. The front grille can be re-fitted to the bumper remembering to take care so as to not damage any of the clips.
7. The radiator shroud can be left off if you wish to fine-tune the alignment of the lights and refitted once you are happy however, the radiator shroud will need to be fitted before operating the vehicle to ensure the bonnet arm can be locked into place. Place the plastic shroud screws back into each of the holes and tighten with the phillips head screwdriver being careful not to over-tighten.
The number plate can now also be re-installed and you are good to go!